Thanks to the development of social media and Instagram in particular, we can keep in close touch with our family, friends, colleagues, and target audience. The Instagram platform became important for both everyday life and business. Now we share emotions and information via different kinds of content, like Instagram stories, Reels videos, and simple posts. And what can be a better way to convey emotion than through music? Can you add music to Instagram post, stories, and reels? Sure! Over time, music is creeping into new Instagram features and trends.
How To Put Music On Instagram Stories
Stories allow you to express emotions in near real time and share the news. So, the question of how to add music to Instagram story was relevant from the beginning. In 2018, Instagram responded to user requests and offered a feature to add music to stories.
To do this:
- Open stories.
- Tap the Stickers icon.
- Select Music sticker (you can use the search box to find this feature).
- Select the track you want by using search, categories, or listening to recommended songs.
- Select the desired track fragment.
- Select the song’s thumbnail or how the lyrics will play.
- Post the story by pressing Done.
This is the official way to add music to a story. Instagram is constantly adding to the music base and expanding its functionality. So, pay attention to updates and be sure to try new ones.
How To Add Music On Instagram Stories with Spotify
You can add music using Spotify. This method is available for both iOS and Android. To do this:
- Open Spotify
- Select the track or album you want
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner.
- Tap Share
- Select Instagram Stories from the list.
Next, an Instagram Story with the added track will appear on the screen. You will be able to make changes and save/post the story.
If you’ve added music from Spotify, your followers will then be able to open the added track in the Spotify app and listen to it in full when viewing the story. To do this, tap Play on Spotify in your story under your profile name and select Open Spotify. Note that this feature is only available to people who have a Spotify account.
How To Save Instagram Stories With Music
In Instagram stories, we often show highlights from life and business. After adding music, these moments are even more amplified and come to life. So, it’s no wonder why users not only want to view stories in the archive but also ask how to save Instagram stories with music. It’s easy to do.
To save a story with music, simply tap on the three dots while viewing your story and tap Save. The video will then appear in your gallery.
If you’ve finished creating your story and haven’t posted it yet, the three dots will be in the upper right corner. If you want to save a story you’ve already posted or content from an archive, the button you want is in the lower right corner.
Can’t Add Music To Instagram Story
There may be several reasons why you can’t add music to stories:
- You need to update your app. You may have an outdated version of Instagram and therefore lack the new functionality. To solve this problem, find Instagram in the Play Store or AppStore and tap Update. Or you can uninstall the app on your phone and download it again.
- You have encountered restrictions on your Business account type. If you have a Business account, some songs may not be available to you or you may even have the problem that the Instagram music search not working. If this is the case, you can switch to a personal profile type or add music in another app.
- Music is not available in your region. Some countries still don’t have access to music functionality due to unresolved copyright issues. Or not all tracks may be available to you. Unfortunately, this problem cannot be solved in the Instagram app, but you can add music using third-party programs. We’ll suggest a list of such programs below. Instagram is constantly working on the accessibility of functionality for different countries, so maybe soon you will have good news and available music too.
- Cache problems. Sometimes it’s because the cache is too large that you can’t add music to your Instagram story. To fix such a problem, you can uninstall and reinstall the app. Or you can clear the cache by going to the app settings on your phone. For Android, you can also use the following method: Settings Apps Menu Instagram Storage Menu Clear cache.
- Conflict with other apps. It’s possible that the Instagram app conflicts with other apps that use speakers and therefore doesn’t allow you to use the music functionality. Try closing all music apps like Spotify, Shazam, etc.
- You use VPN. If you enable VPN for some reason, your formal location and IP address change, so it may come out that the music addition feature is not available in the selected location. Turn off VPN or change the region.
Sometimes problems like Instagram music not working are just a temporary malfunction or have a very simple cause, such as a low phone charge, no Internet connection, or full memory. Either way, you’ll find a solution.
How To Add Music To A Reel On Instagram
Instagram Reels are a separate type of content, short videos with music and sounds. They often go viral, because you can add trending fragments of tracks and popular sounds.
To add music to Reels, do the following:
- First, record a Reels video or add it from your phone’s gallery;
- Tap the music icon on the left side of the screen;
- Select the desired track by using the search or by browsing through the list;
- Select the track fragment by moving the sliders;
- Save your changes and share the new video in Reels.
Instagram allows adding music to Reels before you record a video or already afterwards. Don’t worry if you forget to add music first.
You can also process videos in third-party programs and then upload them to Reels.
How To Put Music On Instagram Post
Can you add music to Instagram post? Well, Instagram offers a feature to add music to posts in the feed. However, this option is not available worldwide yet. You should check before the posting, whether it`s available for you. That`s what it looks like on Instagram:
If this feature isn`t available on your page, you have to try one of the following ways:
- Playing music in the background;
- Using third-party video processing software.
Background music playback is where you can turn on the track you want when you record your video. This method is often justified but is generally outdated and very limiting to creating an interesting video.
Instead, you can use third-party apps to add music to Instagram posts. Here are the apps you might need:
Best apps to add music to videos on iPhone:
- Adobe Premiere Rush
Best apps to add music to videos on Android:
- Viva Video
- Adobe Premiere Rush
Best Free Video Editing Software
- Windows Video Editor
- Vimeo Create
- Adobe Premiere Rush
The apps offer different functionality for video processing to add music. When you have your video ready, all you have to do is upload it to Instagram as a regular post. Videos up to 1 minute will be uploaded as a post, while longer videos will go to IGTV.
Music and promotion of the page on Instagram
Music has long been a familiar part of our lives. It accompanies us through happy and sad periods, successes and failures. Music on Instagram is also sometimes perceived as something familiar. On the one hand, it is. And on the other hand, everything brilliant is simple. And sometimes with musical fragments, you can turn ordinary posts into an uncompromising trend. A single publication can bring in thousands of followers. However, it can sometimes take many attempts to create that publication. Know that every post, every emotion, every creation is important. Share information, use trends, and create original content. Do this regularly and your audience is sure to appreciate your efforts.